Monday, October 25, 2010

Skeleton Cupcakes




I found this adorable/spooky cupcake idea in the October Woman's Day Magazine. I modified it- the original design had white chocolate dipped pretzels for skeleton bones, but I had a hard time getting those pretzels to sit right so I just did the heads. I think they still look good. Here is what you need:
regular sized marshmallows
lollipop sticks
black food color decorating pen
black royal icing or black writing gel
cupcakes, frosted w/sprinkles
All you do is take the marshmallows and flatten them slightly. Then add your stick and draw the mouth and two nostrils on with a black food color decorating pen. Next use either black royal icing or black writing gel to make the eyes. Stick them into cupcakes that have already been frosted and sprinkled. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment