Friday, October 15, 2010

Fondant Lingerie Cupcake Toppers

My sweet friend Laura was having a Lingerie Shower and I offered to make the cupcakes. I searched the Internet for ideas and found several variations of fondant lingerie cupcake and cookie toppers. I made my own pattern and just cut the shapes out with a sharp knife. ( This was actually a lot easier than I anticipated).




















I used pastel pink fondant. I rolled it out , then placed the paper pattern on top and traced around it with a sharp knife. Next, while my vanilla and chocolate cupcakes were baking, I mixed up some royal icing and colored it brown.


























I tried to make each piece of lingerie look as sexy as possible with ruffles, buttons and lacing! I added tiny mini pearls and a bow to the center of each one. I thought they turned out really cute! I'd like to try more of these in different color combinations; black with pink details, mint green with black etc. You could probably consult a Victoria's Secret catalog for inspiration!











No comments:

Post a Comment